[Therion] new version

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Aug 16 01:41:03 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 05:29:19PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> On 2008-08-15 15:49 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 01:08:43PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> > > Jonothan Prouty is having a go at learning to update a package. Either
> > > he or I will get to a new upload in the next 2-3 weeks.
> > >
> > > Not sure how long things then take to percolate from Debian to Ubuntu?
> >
> > Since intrepid is now in "Debian Import Freeze", it won't be
> > automatically imported before intrepid is released in October.
> >
> > If the package is in good shape, you should be able to get it synced
> > manually before 28th August.  After that, it's bug-fixes only:
>
> Yes. I was assuming any new version would not make current Debian
> release, but maybe it can be squeezed in - the changes are not major.

Um, I'm not talking about making it into the next Debian release
(lenny).  I'm talking about making it into the next Ubuntu release
(intrepid).

I suspect it wouldn't make it into Debian lenny at this point unless the
new release is only bug fixes, documentation changes, and/or i18n
improvements.

Cheers,
    Olly