[Therion] texlive support in therion

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 13:38:09 CET 2007

On 2007-01-03 10:14 +0100, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> > OK, it seems that which texlive-base contains cm font it does not
> > have cs font. I can't see anything which obviously does have this
> > (what is cs?).
>
> CS are central european TeX fonts we use (cs is in fact former
> czechoslovakia iso country code).
>
> > If I change /etc/therion.ini to have
> > tex-fonts raw cmr10 cmti10 cmbx10 cmss10 cmssi10
> > in it then texlive seems to process caves fine.
>
> Correct. Then it does not use CS fonts any more.
>
> > But I digress. If someone can explain the font issue in terms of
> > dependencies or changes to therion then I think we have texlive
> > support sorted.
>
> There are two possibilities:
>
> 1. Comment out line 79 in thtexfonts.cxx and it should no more depend
> on CS fonts.

Is the /etc/therion.ini change not better than changing the code?

> 2. Add dependency to texlive-lang-czechslovak package (which contains
> CS fonts).

I am not sure what to do about these dependencies. For general debian
use it seems to me that installing partitcular language fonts should
be an option, rather than a requirement for everybody (it is an extra
4MB for each language pack). The main reason to include them by
default is that some of the example files need them (I presume?).

I have currently set the dependencies to
suggest: texlive-lang-czechslovak and added info the to the debian readme to
explain that you need this package for some of the examples, and to
change the /etc/therion.ini back.

Can therion recognise new fonts without having to add a line in the
therion.ini file? Then it would just be a case of adding suitable
langauge packs - that would be nicest, but presumably it has to be
configured somewhere.

I am not sure if perhaps it should be a
recommends: texlive-lang-czechslovak dependency. That way it will
normally just get installed for users who don't know what they are
doing.

How do therion users on debian/ubuntu think this shoud be handled?

And can someone at therion-central comment on my post about including
the wiki docs - do you want to do this upstream or not?

These are the two remaining issues affecting therion 0.4 packaging.

Wookey
--
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/