[Therion] metapost symbols

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 03:56:28 CET 2007

On 2007-01-16 17:33 +0100, Martin Budaj wrote:
> On 1/14/07, Stefan Oswald <stefan_oswald at gmx.at> wrote:
> > here are the results of our Therion meeting yesterday;
> > An idea would be to add the factor for density/size of symbols in the source code and adjust
> > these variables in the map editor by a -density {} command in the mapeditor\area\options.
>
> We also considered a similar idea. There is indeed an experimental
> implementation of area blocks macro (a_blocks_SKBB_ in the file
> thArea.mp) which allows not only density and size setting, but density
> and size may change along specified direction (there are 5 arguments:
> direction, starting size and density, ending size and density).
>
> It is perhaps too complicated and simple density/size settings (for
> all randomle generated areas) would be sufficient. What do others
> think?

Well, I'd like to see what it looks like, but I think being able to
have density trailing off over an area is very useful, especially for
rocks. To get the same effect with constant density would need several
areas of different density - that is more work.

I should try this out and see what it looks like.

Wookey
--
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/

--