[Therion] Best structure to use for using 3d files.

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Mon Feb 12 13:24:57 CET 2007

Quoting Michael Lake <mikel at speleonics.com.au>:
> I have got a therion dataset working and it's attached as a tarball.
> But I seem to have to add empty survey containers in like this into cave.th
>   survey rect -title "The rectangle cave"
>   endsurvey
>   survey extra -title "The extra bit"
>   endsurvey

Yes, you may do it like this (if you need survey structure also in
therion). If not, just use -surveys ignore when importing 3d data. Or
you may use -surveys create, if you do not want to add empty containers.

> Also how does one get the full pathname of stations displayed on the
>  PDF ie like
>  rect.1, rect.2 instead of just 1,2 etc

Use -layout-survey-level all when exporting map. I am sorry, it is not
documented in therion book. We will add it.

> Also how can one get all the stations labelled on the PDF without having to
> assign a point to them manually in therion map editor?

If you have no map or scrap, then stations will be exported
automatically. Otherwise you have to insert survey into map and
display this map.

> Can one get lines betwwen the stations instead of just the "little
> flying bat"
> symbols? i.e. a centerline line.

You have to redefine line symbol in layout

layout centerlines
code metapost
def l_survey_cave (expr P) =
   T:=identity;
   pickup PenC;
   thdraw P;
enddef;
endcode
endlayout

and use this layout in export

export map -layout centerlines

> Finally whats the suggestions for the best structure/layout to sue for using
> just 3d files for the data. You see I was thinking of putting survex
>  data into
> surveys/ and therion scraps into maps/

This question is definitely for people using survex + therion. I have no idea.

S.