[Therion] Editing svg therion results

Martin Budaj m.budaj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:49:11 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 2:29 PM, Xavier Pennec <Xavier.Pennec at sophia.inria.fr> wrote:

> OK, I understand the philosophy: as north and scalebar are graphical
> elements belonging to the final maps, they should not belong to the
> scraps but should be put in place at the last moment.  However, none of
> the legend elements (including text but also the scalebar and the
> northarrow, and probably the grid) are exported in the svg file. I
> included the pdf and the correspond svg to show that. Exporting them to
> svg would be the behavior that I would expect, unless there is a special
> difficulty there.

There is a difficulty, because SVG 1.1 does not support text
formatting (line breaking...). So the legend is exported only in xhtml
format (where arrow, scale bar, map and all legend symbols are
embedded as svg code) -- open it in recent firefox or opera. You could
also write a simple script to extract all svg object from therion
xhtml export.

Regards
Martin