[Therion] 0.4.0 ...

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Oct 8 22:28:06 CEST 2006

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 09:16:24PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> On 2006-10-08 20:41 +0200, Roman Muñoz Roncal wrote:
> > Some questions:
> > b) I'm on debian sarge, vtk-4 and wxwindows-2.4 could be used?
>
> There is quite a lot of change between wx2.4 and wx2.6. It is no doubt
> possible, but Stacho may have used special 2.6 features - I don't
> know.

The really big difference in debian land is that 2.4 is packaged as
the "non-unicode" build, while 2.6 is packaged as the "unicode" build.

(The terms "non-unicode" and "unicode" are somewhat misleading - the
"unicode" build uses wide characters internally, but you can use UTF-8
with the non-unicode build...)

I've been trying to cajole Ron Lee into packaging 2.6 as "non-unicode"
too, but there's no sign of it happening and wx 2.8 looks likely to
be out soon.

Anyway, if therion's using the wide-character version of wx, you'll
probably struggle to get it to work with the debian wx 2.4 packages.
If it isn't, then you'll struggle to get it to work with the debian
wx 2.6 packages.

Cheers,
    Olly