[therion] Re: xtherion.ini not found

Roman Muñoz tatel at infonegocio.com
Thu Mar 3 14:27:17 CET 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:46:11 +0000
Wookey <wookey at aleph1.co.uk> wrote:

>> Are you using the standard Debian package, or your own build?
>> Presumably the latter.

I'm using my own build

>> You are saying that you'd like ./therion.ini to be checked as well as
>> /etc/therion.ini ? That would be sensible. File a bug to remind me to
>> do this. (or even better stacho - you put it in upstream  :-)

I can't find neither /etc/therion.ini nor /etc/xtherion.ini. Also,
$THERION is not set. I don't realized this until now, because all is
working quite fine with default values. Only after editing xtherion I
realized that changes where not reflected (kbd encoding and balloons).

I guess sarge package installs /etc/therion.ini? What I'd like is to
have an install script wich makes what it is supposed to do, i.e,
install things in directories where they are supposed to be. Else, you
need to say new users not only they need to edit .ini files, but move
them too. For a plain caver, it would be annoying to tinker with.

For builds from source, no matter which directories hold this files
while they are on search path.  In a debian package, configuration files
are supposed to go under /etc, rigth? So I think it should go like this.
However, I noticed that main menu loads slowly with xtherion.ini
installed under /etc.

Since I don't have tried sarge package, I don't know exactly what
happens with it. I'm considering to install sarge on another box after
d-i rc3 release, then I could file bugs.

Getting therion into sarge would be fine for me. But, even if Debian is
quite common among linux distros in Spain, I don't know any spanish
caver having installed Linux. I know a few (5-6 individuals?) running
Mac. All the others are on windows. In fact, most are IT-allergics

Regards,
Roman