[therion] Compilation Problems...

Thierry GONON thierrygonon at mac.com
Tue Jan 25 20:34:31 CET 2005

Hello,

I finally find a few time to have a look to my problem with Therion. Thank to Martin's answer, it appears that my problem probably consists in my installation of Tk. I use the distribution that came with Grass 5.7. How could I remove it and install the standard aqua distribution (what do you mean by "batteries included" ?)

Thank you very much

Le 10 janv. 05, à 19:44, Martin Sluka a écrit :

> Hi Thierry,
>
> I use Therion on MacOSX long time. There are same strange things, but
> it normaly works OK.
>
> Known problems:
>
> version of Tcl - I have try the AlphaTk editor and this one uses the
> higher version of Tcl. So I had to uninstall AlphaTk, repair
> permissions, reinstall the Aqua Tcl/Tk including batteries and
> recompile Therion.
>
> Sometimes the Tcl lost the connection to itself and frozes. But after
> killing of Tcl (Ctrl+C in terminal) it is able to work again.
>
> My directory for Therion is inside of my home directory in forder
> Caves. There are folders for other caves too.
>
> If I run xtherion:
>
> - I open the terminal
> - change the directory to that with my data
> - write xtherion and press return
>
> It normaly works.
>
> Martin S.
>
> At 11:51 +0200 10.1.2005, Thierry GONON wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your answer... But it still don't work!! My system is
>> OSX 10.3.7 (last update) and I'm running Tcl/Tk8.4
>>
>> I've copied the file as indicated, but when I run xtherion, here's
>> the answer of the terminal :
>> Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
>> environment variable
>> Error in startup script: invalid command name "frame"
>>    while executing
>> "frame .def"
>>    (file "./xtherion" line 232)
>>
>> When I try trough X11, the result is :
>> Error in startup script: can't find package BWidget
>>    while executing
>> "package require BWidget"
>>    (file "./xtherion" line 672)
>> I've successfully installed BWidget (in the /Library/Tcl folder,
>> the global one and in my personnal Tcl folder)...
>>
>> Best regards
>>

>> Le 10 janv. 05, ą 10:41, Stacho Mudrak a écrit :
>>
>>> Installation is still a problem on MacOSX :( It depends a lot on
>>> the system version and version of Tcl/Tk.
>>>
>>> But installation is simple. All you need to do to install therion
>>> is to copy therion executable (file named therion in compilation
>>> directory) to the /usr/bin directory (you do not need to create
>>> symbolic link for it).
>>>
>>> When therion is copied, you can run xtherion following way.
>>>
>>> 1. Go to the therion compilation directory.
>>> 2. cd xtherion