[therion] Re: bad option utf-8

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 22 16:58:55 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:48:12PM +0000, Wookey wrote:

>> There should be a way for users to make centrelines match to drawings
>> graphically, not having to know the resolution of the scan and re-generate
>> the centreline using a strange scale to make it fit...

Tunnel seems to do this very well.  I *think* it works like this:

(1) you select a point on the background image and the corresponding
point on you drawing then tell tunnel to translate to make the two
coincide.

(2) you select the point which matches from (1), and another pair of
corresponding points, then tell tunnel to rotate and scale around
the point in (1) to make the other pair coincide.

Provided tcl/tk can rotate and scale images, it shouldn't be too hard to
implement.

>> I presume that this new centreline feature is only useful if you have your
>> dataset in therion form, not survex form - right (i.e an imported 3d file
>> can not be used to generate .xvi files)?

I'd assume so - the .3d file doesn't currently contain LRUD.

Cheers,
    Olly