[therion] Re: Segfault when including survey data in plan

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Thu Feb 17 09:40:28 CET 2005

> OK. Done that and if I get rid of all the scraps then I get an image which
> has complete lines for the surface surveys but station-marks for the
> underground stations. Is that expected?

Yes. This is only because of symbol definition of line survey:underground. This symbol just puts marks on the stations. It can be changed easily.

> See http://wookware.org/centrelineonly.pdf
>
> However when I put the scraps back in then I only see station inside
> scraps,not any stations or lines on centrelines which don't have
> correspondging scraps. Any idea why? I'd really like to get this owrking as
> it's the easiest way to see which bits I haven't done yet.

When therion has no scraps to export, it exports all centerline data. If it has some, it exports only 2D data and not centerline. If you wish to have also centerline data on the map, you need to do two things:

1. create some toplevel map, where you mix maps and surveys together, you would like to have on the output.

2. select and export this map

> I have noticed a problem with the need for a 'dummy' survey outside a .3d
> file import - it stops you using the suggested index.th and index.th2 files
> for centreline and scrap info (because you need a 'survey dummy' in both
> files around everything and it complains about 'duplicate survey').
>
> This will go away when we get rid of the need for the dummy survey (maybe
> you already did that - I can't find the mail right now (I'm using the
> 20050209 snapshot)).

dummy survey is still needed :( If you do not want to have it, use import inside terikan survey with option "-filter terikan"

> Still it would be good if it gave a useful error - it took me some time to
> work out what the problem was as it just gave a tex overflow error - which I
> can't reproduce right now due to getting a different error:
>
> It says:
> therion: error -- file import -- index.th [15] -- invalid survey name --
> de0/.deception
>
> I think it is faiing to cope with the oddly-name "de0/" survey. It has this
> peculiar name because the data is imported from compass and it was expedient
> to use this name. Survex eats it happily and so does aven so therion should.

OK - adding / as a special survey character should be OK - I think. I will enable it right now.

> As ever current dataset here:
>
> http://wookware.org/terikan20050217.tgz
>
> you need to change index.th at top level to use terikan/terikan.3d and
> deception/deception.3d to illustrate the above points (I changed it to a
> single overall dataset to check it worked - it does - very cool - except
> that I can't get centrelines to appear - indeed it doesn't seem to
> mattermuch what I put in the various 'map' options I seem to get 'all scraps
> mentioned in any map but no centrelines' whatever I do?).

Once more - if you want to mix centerline with maps, you need to define a top level map, where you will mix maps and survey names together. When exporting this map - centerline should appear.

If you wish to view whole centerline for underground, just redefine symbol in layout:

code mpost
let l_survey_cave = l_survey_surface_SKBB;
endcode

S.

-=x=-
Skontrolované antivírovým programom NOD32