[therion] translating types

Roman Muñoz tatel at infonegocio.com
Wed Feb 16 14:04:31 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:45:44 +0100
Martin Sluka <martinsluka at mac.com> wrote:

>> Simple cave - any simple software
>>
>> Complicated cave - therion

Er... I don't agree. My survey is a 300 m gallery.
Only one scrap. Walls, contours, pits, floor-steps and stations,
gradient, paleo, arqueo, labels and plan was mostly done. I took not
more time than made with Toporobot and Illustrator. So why not use
therion for simple caves if you know how it works?

Most caves here are as simple as this is and even smaller. So I think
giving to people template files near finished could work fine at this
time. For the map editor, instructions "how to insert gradient
arrows"-like could be done. This way, I think most friends could survey
90% caves we have here. I will try it for my lobbying work.

BTW, in such a gallery I was unable to get 2 areas, because the second
one floods the first and all space between. limits were, first, gallery
end and one contour line(cul-de-sac), second, gallery walls (cave walls
are made in only one wall line) and 2 contour lines. After this, I
created open border lines intersecting walls wildly, without success.  I
needed to draw a closed line to get areas -not a big problem

Regards,
Roman