Wishlist - scrap preview, low-res preview

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 15:00:28 CEST 2005

+++ Martin Sluka [05-08-11 07:49 +0200]:
> At 02:04 +0100 11.8.2005, Wookey wrote:
>
> >And that is a lot faster - so can I get the scrap-names written on it too?
>
> The  "select" command works for maps and for symbols.

OK, so what is the symbol name for 'scrapnames' This is not something that
is normally shown?

> Check the command part of xtherion editor window - down are two
> sections - Survey structure and Map structure. They start be activew
> only after first succesfull compilation.  If you open them you may
> see outline of surveys and particular maps. Very usefull you check
> for duplicities (duplicite scraps or surveys in maps, ...) and very
> usefull you want to select only part of cave.

So it is - I have never taken any notice of this bit.

> You may add several lines in thconfig file :
>
> select map1
> select map2
> select map3
> select map4
>
> or
>
> unselect map1
> unselect map2
> unselect map3
> unselect map4
>
> and at export definition section ad:
>
> export map -proj plan -layout <layout> -o <file1.pdf
> export map -proj plan -layout <layout> -o <file2.pdf
> export map -proj plan -layout <layout> -o <file3.pdf
> export map -proj plan -layout <layout> -o <file4.pdf
>
> end just comment and uncomment the particular lines.

Right - thanx. The bit of this that seems rather naff is having to comment
and uncomment different map outputs. It ought to be possible to produce more
than one 'section set' at a time from a given dataset in the same projection.

I will try Stacho's suggestion of chained thconfig files, or maybe a script
which runs therion on a series of thconfig files.

Wookey