PDF viewing comments

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 15:23:52 CEST 2005

+++ Stacho Mudrak [05-08-10 14:59 +0200]:
> Wookey wrote:
> >I have noticed that waterflow -subtype presumed symbols in the 'Blue
> >Moonlight bay' area (top right hand corner). Appears fine in xpdf, but not
> >at all in gpdf. Do they come out in acrobat? What is going on here?
>
> No idea. Does gpdf supports transparency? I have never used it. In
> acroread for linux I am using - everything is OK.

gpdf does support transparency (xpdf does not) (which is odd because gpdf is
based on xpdf). I don't use acrobat because it is non-free and not available

for non-x86 platforms. But I suppose I could sully my system with it forcomparison purposes(especially if it is as fast as Wofgang suggests - that
would imply that someone needs to do a bit of work on xpdf to get the
rendering speed for this sort of document up to something useful, and I know
a man to hassle about that sort of thing).