[therion] Queries and comments on 0.2.17

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Mon Feb 23 09:57:06 CET 2004

> The QMs ('continuation point) come out really small on my survey.
> Where do I control the size?
>
> Ticks are too close together on pitches.

I've noticed (in the file soundriverpln.pdf), that you're using scale 1:200 even if it's really a huge cave (you've probably been mapping in 1:500 or even smaller scale). When exporting such a large caves, you should use the scale, you've been mapping in (1:500) or if you want to have bigger symbols in the 1:200 scale, specify -layout-base-scale 1 500 - than each symbol will be 2.5x bigger (including QM and pitch ticks).

Another point - in the layout: scale and base-scale is specified like:

scale 1 500

I believe, the number "1" is not needed there, and probably scales should be specified just by number 500 (I've never seen on any map scale 2:1000 or something like that). What do you think?

> How do I change the default for contour lines to al have 'none' (no downside
> tick mark)? I don't want to add -tick none on every contour - I want to set
> a default.

In the new version of therion, this will be default. So you can forget about this. I know changing default behaviour is not standard way, but in this case, I believe it will help.

Regards, S.