arranging files and surveys

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 03:16:53 CET 2004

I'm a bit lost about how files scraps and surveys should relate.

Therion encourages drawing s complex junction chamber as one scrap, but that
tends to mean that one scrap now has stations fromseveral surveys in it. How
shold these be labelled and where in the hierarchy should the files be
'input'?

In general scrapsdon't match to surveys very well at all, but if you don't
incldue a .th2 file in the .th file within a survey/endsurvey pair then
presumably the station labels need full names not just numbers? I'm not sure
when I start drawing whether it will all be one survey so I can just use
numbers or if it will be several surveys and I'll need to use full names -
and it's a paid to go back afterwards and change them.

What is the recommended way to deal with scrap/survey mismatches? Do you
have a file for each scrap, put all scraps inthe samesurvye in one file?

etc. I've got a huge cave and I'm going to get in a mess over this if I
don't have a sensible structure. Suggestions welcome.

And I see therion now gives scraps names automatically, based on the
item-number, so you get scraps 1, 36, 90, 109 in your file. I think it would
be better if it named the scraps 1, 2, 3, 4 - I'd find that less confusing.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK Tel +44 (0) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/ play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/