Therion hangs occaisionally

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 14:21:56 CET 2004

+++ Stacho Mudrak [04-12-17 08:52 +0100]:

>> No idea why this happens - from time to time it happened to me also, but
>> it was very rare. In any case, I will probably add "Auto save" feature
>> to xtherion.

It did it again after I sent that mail - just as I was re-drawing the scrap
that it had lost! That's far too often. I have 20km of cave to draw - I am
going to get very annoyed if I keep losing chucks...

Difficult to track this sort of think down I know. I'll see if I can work
out what is going on. Are there any 'escape' mechanisms in wish/tcl that
might let me regain control? or debug mechanisms that might tell us where it
got stuck? The CPU use is not excessive, but the app is unresponsive - so it
is presumably blocking waiting for something.

I could run it under strace I suppose...

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK Tel +44 (0) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/ play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/