[therion-users] Beta-test Therion debian packages available

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 20:16:57 CET 2003

I've packaged Therion for Debian and put the results online to see if they
work on anyone else's machine.

You can get them from here:
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/software/therion/

ignore the -1 version -2 is newer.

please give it a go and see if it works for you. All feedback is very
welcome.

Some notes for people (primarily the Therion developers)

The .diff shows all the differences from the original tarball. Most of
these are Debian-specific but you might like to include the Man pages for
therion, xtherion thpdf and theps2pdf. These are in SGML in the source but
there are groff versions in the binary package.

The Tex and mpost search path variables have been dealt with by a wrapper
script around therion which is a bit nasty but I can't see a better way
that complies with Debian policy offhand - it seems to work OK.

The thbook docs now reference the original INSTALL and README docs in the
doc dir rather than have theri own copies included - this should probably
be done in the source too.

There is a hanging jsv link in the original tarball  - it would be nice if
this was removed as it's not very useful to most people.

There is probably room to improve the configand example file handling. This
is very much a first cut.

There have been various doc-fixes incorporated along the way.

The C++ compilation with -Wall generates a lot of warnings which I don't
understand (having avoided C++ religiously :-). It would make the build a
lot nicer if some of these could be fixed. I'll mail the log to this list.

that's all for now.

Wookey