[Therion] Depth in the header

Bruce Mutton bruce at tomo.co.nz
Thu Feb 21 20:33:34 CET 2019

Kia Ora Xavier

I don’t have a proper answer for you.  It would seem to me that this is too complicated to become a built in feature.  As you suggest, for an export of one cave the problem might be easier to solve, but where many caves are exported it might be difficult to conceive an automated approach.

Maybe an easier thing to code would be something where the user could just choose a reference altitude to use as a notional zero altitude for your user defined metapost?

Personally I do not care much for the height relative to entrances, and I have modified the header to report height like this.

Together with gridlines and altitude points throughout the map, the user of the map can do their own maths!

Regarding ‘caves’ and ‘main entrances’, I explored some ideas in the wiki here <https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/faq?s%5b%5d=entrance#how_do_i_specify_a_main_entrance_and_also_the_other_entrances>

Regards