[Therion] Inconsistent SELECT behaviour for pdf and xvi map output with background sketches..

Duncan Collis duncan.collis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:10:16 CET 2019

In my th2 file I've got scraps with -sketch specified, and stations
placed to enable warping/morphing of these background images.

In th2 a map is defined (let's call it map_A) which includes the scraps I want.

Then in .thconfig:

select map_A

layout morph
  scale 1 500
  grid bottom
  grid-size 100 100 100 m
  sketches on
  grid off
endlayout

# Output plan in Therion pdf format
export map \
  -projection plan \
  -format pdf\
  -output map_A.pdf \
  -layout morph

# Output plan in Therion xvi format
export map \
  -projection plan \
  -format xvi\
  -output map_A.xvi\
  -layout morph

PDF output is as expected from the manual. It shows the background
images attached to the scraps in the selected map, plus only the parts
of the centreline that are used in those scraps. However if I change
the export command to use XVI format, I get the background images and
the centreline for the whole project, which contains over 20,000
stations. This is very difficult to use as it takes a long time for
XTherion to load it, and then the area I'm interested in is tiny
compared with the whole drawing area, so it requires quite a bit of
zooming and scrolling to get there before I can start working.

Am I right in thinking that the XVI output should contain the same
bits of centreline as appear in the PDF output, rather than the whole
lot? Am I missing something?

Also: 'grid off' does not seem to affect the XVI output, which is why
I've specified a fairly large grid size so that the grid isn't
obscuring the sketches. I'd really like to be able to disable the grid
in XVI completely.

Is there a way to achieve these two things?

Best regards,

Duncan.