[Therion] wiki editing

Bruce Mutton bruce at tomo.co.nz
Fri Apr 26 09:32:26 CEST 2019

> it would be good to get this somewhere easier to find, such as a wiki page. Having never edited the Therion wiki, what is the convention there - it usually looks like one page per jumble of knowledge someone tries to impart (with a meaningless URL), rather than a single page per topic. Any suggestions for where to create the page to store this information?

Instructions are at the top of https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php
Ladislav  will most likely give you access.  New users often have the best insights as to how to 'improve' the documentation, so you are ripe for authorship!

Alas the wiki is chaotic, I think you have characterised it reasonably.  There was a call for interest in rationalising it some years ago.  While it would be worthwhile, I fear it would be a very big job, so I kept very quiet!  I still have far too many unfinished projects to contemplate such a thing.  The search function is quite effective in the wiki, although less effective in the mail archive.

My approach is to always try to add to an existing page that is referenced by topic on the wiki home page. Unfortunately sometimes a topic is fragmented across many pages, and in that case I just try not to make the fragmentation worse.  And sometimes it is just too hard (or risky) to try to edit 'someone else's page', as there are many somewhat incompatible ways that people can chose to use Therion, so I create a new page, sometimes with a meaningful url.

If you have insights into use of projections, then I think the FAQ page would be a good place to start.  Somewhere near https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/faq#projections_plan_elevation_extended_and_none might work.