[Therion] Updated syntax highlight file for Kate/KWrite

Martin Sluka martinsluka at mac.com
Wed Mar 28 17:33:59 CEST 2018

Check:

https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2005/011875.html

https://github.com/khiri-co/language-metapost

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-pretest-bug/2005-02/msg00327.html

https://users.dimi.uniud.it/~nicola.vitacolonna/software/metapost-smultron/

http://users.dimi.uniud.it/~nicola.vitacolonna/software/metapost-textwrangler/

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/highlighting-kate-0.5.7/src/Text/Highlighting/Kate/Syntax/Metafont.hs

etc.

google: "metapost syntax coloring"

Martin S.

On Mar 28, 2018, at 04:36 PM, Bill Gee via Therion <therion at speleo.sk> wrote:

Hello everyone -

I spent more time this morning working through some details in the syntax
highlighting file for Kate and KWrite. Attached is version 1.1. Bruce, can
you put this on the Web site?

Changes:

-- Added several more keywords such as ceiling-step and floor-step.
-- Created a rule for MetaPost keywords. This is not perfect - it probably
has only a few of the keywords it should have. But it is a start.
-- Numbers are now highlighted in color.
-- Cleaned up some stuff left over from the file I used as a base.

To Do:

The thing that bothers me most is that some keywords (such as "def") are used
in both MetaPost and TeX code. I would like to find a way to detect "code
metapost/endcode" and "code tex-map/endcode" sections, then change the rules
within those sections. I think it can be done, but there is a learning curve
to deal with.

--
Bill Gee