[Therion] Syntax highlighting for therion files (.th, .th2 and .thconfig)

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Mon Mar 26 18:00:51 CEST 2018

Hello everyone -

Xavier's effort inspired me to take a look at syntax highlighting definitions
for other editors.  I run Fedora 27 with KDE desktop, so the editor I use most
is Kate/KWrite.  KDE has a system-wide syntax highlighting system that is part
of KatePart.

The attached XML file is for use in either Kate or KWrite.  It is very much a
work in progress.  I have only scratched the surface of what is possible.  One
major thing I want to look at is to see if there is a way to make the syntax
highlighting change in "code metapost" and "code tex-map" sections.  KatePart
already has highlighting files for metafont and latex.  With any luck there is
a way to reuse those.

Copy the XML file to your user profile directory.  The exact location will
vary depending on your distribution.  On my Fedora 27 system it is

	$HOME/.local//share/org.kde.syntax-highlighting/syntax

You may have to create this directory.

The file can also go in the common syntax highlighting directory which (on my
system) is

	/usr/share/kde4/apps/katepart/syntax

You will need root permissions to copy to this folder.

The next time you start either Kate or KWrite, the new file will be used.

I plan to look at syntax highlighting files for both joe and gvim.

--
Bill Gee