[Therion] Scaling problems with backgrounds in th2 files - XTherion

Bruce Mutton bruce at tomo.co.nz
Mon Mar 19 19:54:25 CET 2018

I’m a big fan of undo, and use it a lot.  Unfortunately I did not notice the reason in this case until too late.  I got to the end of the undo stack before the problem was resolved.

I think that the reason I did not take sufficient notice is that although the zoom behaviour was not quite right, I was sure I had not rolled the mouse wheel.  Hence I though I’d stumbled on a variant of the bug, and so put up with it for too long before trying to back out.

For me rolling the mouse wheel to zoom is such a reflex (almost every application uses it) that I do it without realising.  One option, short of fixing the bug, would be to have the zoom level display on the menu bar between the + and – controls.  That would give the user a cue to an imminent problem.  The notification in the Drawing Area side menu is buried too deep for the user to review constantly.

Bruce