[Therion] Tex and Therion comment characters

Bruce Mutton bruce at tomo.co.nz
Fri Jul 27 11:50:30 CEST 2018

Good evening

I'm trying to sort out some problem I'm having debugging a tex-map routine.

I'm trying to rule out things that might be causing unexpected results
(other than the obvious which is that I don't know what I am doing).

The comment character for tex is %

The comment character for Therion data files is #

Does it affect the way tex is interpreted by Therion if the two are
combined, as in the two examples below?

Mostly it seems to have no effect, but now I am wondering if I am mistaken,
and sometimes it does?

# Define Map title overrides

code tex-map

# % Output map title as determined by Therion 5.3 is stored in cavename.

# % It will be empty if there are multiple maps selected for any one
projection

# %   \edef\temp{\the\cavename}        % cavename from Therion

# %   \edef\nostring{}                 % empty string

# %   \ifx\temp\nostring             % test if cavename is empty

# Define Map title overrides

code tex-map

  % Output map title as determined by Therion 5.3 is stored in cavename.

  % It will be empty if there are multiple maps selected for any one
projection

 %   \edef\temp{\the\cavename}        % cavename from Therion

  %   \edef\nostring{}                 % empty string

  %   \ifx\temp\nostring             % test if cavename is empty

Thanks