[Therion] How to do better join from scraps in different .th2 files?

Bruce Mutton bruce at tomo.co.nz
Tue Oct 3 21:05:13 CEST 2017

Evaristo

It is a trial and error process.

I always try to get the scraps very close to joining before I activate a join statement.

I do this by opening the exported pdf, and both th2 files, then iteratively editing and compiling until they are close to perfect.  Like Martin has suggested.

Then I create a join statement to make it really perfect.

As you have noticed, join will do a poor job, and mask subtleties of your linework and point placement unless they are pretty good to start with.  Join is especially bad if the wall or other lines to be joined overlap each other (in their unjoined state).  ie if you want to do a quick job, a gap is better than an overlap.

Bruce