[Therion] Loch fails to start in Debian

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Mon May 22 15:40:28 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-22 15:00 +0200, Bjørn Egil Johansen via Therion wrote:
> I have a fairly fresh Debian 9 Stretch 64bit install , using propietary
> NVIDIA-drivers. Therion from debian repositories 5.3.16-10+b4
>
> When trying to open Loch i encountered this error:
>
> Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> The program 'loch' received an X Window System error.

Thanks for the thorough bug report. Putting this email in a debian bugreport is
probably a good idea in case others come across the same problem.

I don't actually have stretch installed yet on hardware with nvidia
GPU - but I guess it's time that I tried it, so I'll upgrade and see
if I can reproduce. I use the nouveau drivers so may not be able to
reproduce if it's actually to do with the binary drivers. I would
certainly try the noveau driver and see if it still happens to you or
not.

Wookey
--
http://wookware.org/