[Therion] Revise command: how to remove persons later on

Bruce Mutton bruce at tomo.co.nz
Mon Mar 6 20:32:26 CET 2017

Both (all?) approaches discussed have merit, and could be considered
'correct' in varying circumstances.

We already have a revise statement and a person-rename statement, so lets
figure out if they can be used 'as is' for Benedikts purposes, and if not if
there is an acceptable change that could be made.  I like the idea of
merging multiple persons in 'club groups' as was suggested earlier, as for
large overview maps this makes the header a smaller more manageable size,
without the need for manual edits.

I have used revise to change station-names at compile time, where scraps are
drawn spanning multiple surveys and -station-names have been used in the
original centrelines. Ie https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/paperless?s[]=revise
<https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/paperless?s%5b%5d=revise>

Also to reuse a projected elevation scrap as an extended elevation (where
the projection angle is perpendicular to the passage).

I have explored it's use when creating multiple extended elevations of
different configuration (left, right, hide etc) from the same centreline
data (forget if I ended up using revise for this or not).

It can be used to alter map definitions at compile time (according to the
Therion Book).

So there is already the generic precedent and capability.

There must be many other possible uses.

>From the Therion Book.

revise

existing object.

Syntax: The syntax of this command for object created with "single line"
command is

revise id [-option1 value1 -option2 value2 ...]

For objects created with "multi line" commands is syntax following

revise id [-option1 value1 -option2 value2 ...]
optionX valueX
data
endrevise

Context: all
Arguments:
The id stands for object identifer (the id of an object you want to revise
must always be specified).

Bruce