[Therion] Trying to understand relation between select/unselect and export

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
Wed Mar 1 20:03:50 CET 2017

> 1. 3. 2017 v 19:36, Rodrigo Severo via Therion <therion at speleo.sk>:
>
> It creates a *select a.2.bart *line. What should I do with this line?
>
> I'm sorry, I might have mislead you. These map definitions aren' t all on
> the same file.
>

> Therion has one very important feature, you may define as many different
> maps definitions independent from structure of surveys.
>
> Select is command which select which map to use to create particular
> output.
>
> Without select Therion will use everything it is able to find and use it
> for export.

Yes, I believe I understand that. In fact I'm counting on it. It's just not
working as I expect.

> What’s happened if you use that line *select a.2.bart *line? Will Therion
> produce only polygon?

If I compile like that:

# Selecionando qual mapa deve ser desenhado
select mBartp at bart
#export map -projection plan -layout exploracao -layout extra_symbols
-output Bart.pdf

unselect mBartp at bart
#select mBartAranhap at bart
select a.2.bart
export map -layout-debug station-names -layout aranha -output
Bart-centerline.pdf

I still get the unwanted sketches from *mBartp at bart* in
*Bart-centerline.pdf*.

If I compile like that:

# Selecionando qual mapa deve ser desenhado
#select mBartp at bart
#export map -projection plan -layout exploracao -layout extra_symbols
-output Bart.pdf

unselect mBartp at bart
#select mBartAranhap at bart
select a.2.bart
export map -layout-debug station-names -layout aranha -output
Bart-centerline.pdf

I only get in *Bart-centerline.pdf* the centerline defined in *a.2.bart* as
I expect and want.

It's as if the first select mBartp at bart sticks and the unselect mBartp at bart
later on doesn't change a thing.

Rodrigo