[Therion] Declination handling imprecise?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Feb 19 22:12:45 CET 2017

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 09:00:52PM +0000, Olly Betts via Therion wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 01:50:45PM +0200, Benedikt Hallinger via Therion wrote:
> > Is the centerline shown in aven correct and only the displayed angles
> > rounded (i.e. the calculated coordinates are valid)?
> > How about loch?
>
> Not sure about loch, but (as I mentioned in the message you replied to)
> released versions of aven indeed show the bearing of the measuring line
> as an integer (probably actually truncated to the integer <= the value
> rather than rounded).

Someone smarter than me just pointed out that you're actually asking if the
angles in the displayed centreline are also rounded.

The only rounding of the centreline is that coordinates in the 3d file are
stored in centimetres, which should have a negligible effect on the ~1000m
long legs in your testcase.

Cheers,
    Olly