[Therion] weight on distorsion depending on survey

Ben Cooper ben at caver.plus.com
Wed Feb 15 08:04:58 CET 2017

Hi Phil,
Yes, you can do that by setting the standard deviation for the survey as a whole, and then for each leg that requires it.

>From the Therion book:

measurements. The Quantity list can contain the following keywords: length, tape,
bearing, compass, gradient, clino, counter, depth, x, y, z, position, easting, dx, northing,
dy, altitude, dz.

The sd command affects all following legs, so for a single leg, remember to set the sd back to your default again, eg:-
sd compass 5 degrees
sd clino 2 degree
1 2 209 10.88 -4
sd compass clino 0.5 degrees

A small difference in SD makes a big difference in the distribution of error, so suggest experiment with different values.
Best regards,
Ben