[Therion] warning -- equate used to define new station

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 3 03:04:29 CEST 2017

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 03:42:47PM +0700, Vasily Vl. Suhachev wrote:
> Have we a legal way to define a station to "equate" to? Or recipe to export
> already defined station to upper namespace as in Survex with its
> (deprecated) global prefix "\"?

You don't need to use deprecated features to achieve this in Survex,
you can pretty much just do what it seems you are trying to do with
Therion:

*begin cave
*equate fixed some_path.fixed
*begin some_path
fixed 2 10.00 090 00
*end some_path
*equate fixed other_path.fixed
*begin other_path
fixed 2 12.34 180 00
*end other_path
*end cave

Survex doesn't warn about using *equate to create a "well-known" alias
for a station.  That's one of the intended uses for *equate.

Cheers,
    Olly