[Therion] Pocket Topo on windows 10?

Nick Bairstow Nick at pff.uk.com
Wed Apr 12 10:17:55 CEST 2017

Runs fine for me as well on Win 10 Pro 64bit. Don’t think I made any adjustments either.
I have had .net issues in the past and ended up uninstalling all versions and the carefully installing each version in order and that did it for me. Do not just install the latest version.

Slightly off thread
If you using a PDA or other device to survey with then you don’t actually need Pocket Topo on your pc, it's nice to have but not strictly necessary.
You can then save your .top file on to an SD card then get it into your pc with a card reader or whatever which means you do not have to use the very clunky Windows mobile. After that use Top Parser to create all your Therion files. If you are not aware of this method try it's by far the easiest and quickest way of getting your Topo data into Therion. Try it once and you won't go back to the manual way I can assure you.

https://bitbucket.org/AndrewA/topparser/downloads/

As a side issue if you are using your Disto X and sketching on paper you run the real risk of including any Disto errors in the data you eventually download and you may never notice. Sketching on a PDA shows errors straight away and you can correct on site. I learnt this the hard way.

I apologise if you already know all this but these mails being searchable are very useful to others over time.

Nick.