[Therion] Therion 5.3.16 using raft symbol both for rafts and raft cones

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Tue Sep 27 16:44:40 CEST 2016

On 2016-09-27 10:30 -0300, Rodrigo Severo wrote:

> > So, not a solution, but may be useful background.
>
> Yeah. Not a solution but useful background nonetheless.

So, for a bit more detail (as I'm wondering myself).
In the source the mpost dir contains thArea.mp, thLine.mp, thtrans.mp etc
thTrans.mp contains all the mappings from label to actual national symbol, including
let p_raft = p_raft_NSS;

all those files are concatenated by a script 'genmpost.pl' into
thmpost.cxx. (SYMBOLS.txt, thsymbolsets.h, thsymbolsets.cxx are also created)

thmpost.cxx is a 160K C++ file that essentially defines one huge
string that is all the metapost config files. And that's what gets
used (rather than just reading in the file(s) at runtime like a
sensible arrangment would).

I really would like to undo all this nonsense one day, but it's not
actually broken, and presumably can't actually be thrown away because
the Windows/Mac builds need it, so the incentives are not large.

Wookey
--
http://wookware.org/