[Therion] scrap-drawn maps to small by factor 2

Christian Rößler (Roessler) chr_rossi at kartan.de
Mon May 16 17:16:31 CEST 2016

Hallo everybody,

I noticed a strange problem drawing a quick survey of a little adit today.
This being a little adit I immediately noticed that the scale bar is off
by a factor 2, as 20 real meters (in the adit) gave 10 meters in the scale
bar.

Then I fell back to Therion defaults (no values of mine, no input'ed
metapost files etc.), but could not find anything unusual. I noticed then
I had the same problem in the survey before, so I wonder. I forced the
polygon draw printed besides the scraps-drawn map, then I saw the polygon
draw is correct but the acrap-drawn outlines (via th2) are not.

So I think I have done some mistake drawing the outlines (curve points
followed by 'convert to curve'), but I cannot find anything regarding some
scaling I have inadvertly done.

As I assume it has something to do with scraps, here the first scrap line
from th2:
scrap scrap1 -scale [-128.0 -147.685 954.77 -147.685 0.0 0.0
27.502357999999997 0.0 m]

Well, can anyone give me a hint? I will gladly give more information, if I
just know which:).

By the way: I confess I have not read the attachment policy of the list. I
risk a little attachment anyway; on may see the scaling mishap in the
resulting pdf.

Best regards, Christian

file.th:
survey adenauerrank -title "Stollen am Adenauerrank"

input stollen_klein_intervall_01.th
[some more inputs]

equate 0 at Stollen_klein_02   25 at Stollen_klein_01
[some more equates]

input stollen_klein.th2

join scrap2 scrap1
join scrap3 scrap1

map polygon_only.map -projection plan
  scrap1
  scrap2
  scrap3
endmap

endsurvey

map total-map
  polygon_only.map at stollen_klein
#  stollen_klein
endmap

thconfig:
source stollen_klein.th

select total-map
select polygon_only.map at stollen_klein
export map -projection plan -o stollen_klein.xvi
export map -projection plan -layout-color map-fg 90 -output
Stollen_klein.pdf -fmt pdf