[Therion] export more than one map?

Henry_Bennett at Dell.com Henry_Bennett at Dell.com
Mon May 9 21:23:31 CEST 2016

Thanks Bruce, the "Survey" option in the MAP syntax is a really good place for me to start.

Ultimately it would have been great if I could use a different layout file for different caves/surveys and then pull them all together in a single PDF.  I thought that is what may be possible with this

export map -projection plan \
     -layout LayoutMapThisCave   \
     -layout LayoutMapThisCavePlan   \
     -output ../Output/MiddleEarthPlan.pdf
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/outputs

However this just appears to work with a single declared MAP.  In which case I'm struggling to see the usage case for this construct.  What I'm looking for is a UNION command to join two or more SELECT statements.  (or confirmation that this can't be done).

From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:therion-bounces at speleo.sk] On Behalf Of Bruce
Sent: 09 May 2016 10:10
To: 'List for Therion users' <therion at speleo.sk>
Subject: Re: [Therion] export more than one map?

Henry
Pg 31 of Therion Book.  You can specify a survey when you define a map.  If you do that then the reported map statistics are forced to match those of the survey.  This would satisfy your second suggestion.

Alternatively you could 'preview below' the 'other caves' and then their statistics will be automatically suppressed, and it would be clear what the statistics refer to.
Bruce