[Therion] Symbols without map editor, polygon line filling?

Christian Rößler chr_rossi at kartan.de
Sat May 7 12:47:56 CEST 2016

Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2016, 08:13:39 schrieb Martin Sluka:

>> 6. 5. 2016 v 22:55, Bruce <bruce at tomo.co.nz>:
>> No, you have to draw the walls manually for pdf output
> Anyway you may export .xvi file first and use it as background so you’ll
> see the LR distances.
> And for map you don’t use curves for walls, you may use straight lines
> only with points in LR.

This I have done, and what I first thought as a bit of an inconvenience I
have now learned to notice as a better way: I exported the xvi-file as
background, as you said, and set straight line points.

Then I used the "convert to curve" function and manipulated these little
extending lines with squares (sorry, do not know how they are being
called) until the now curved line fitted my expectation, and inserted
(seldom) points a-new where necessary, so I could realign the adit walls
according to my memory and photos. Now I will apply this knowledge to some
other surveys we made.

I am very pleased with the output, and now I will learn how to define a
centreline as part of a map output as Bruce hinted (if needed at all, my
co-explorers did not deem it necessary).

By the way I think some of the other people here will start to use Therion
as well, as they too were very pleased with the resulting complete map.

Thanks again for the friendly help, best regards and Glückauf!
Christian

PS. Would it be of interest if I write a story "How a miner learned to use
simple Therion"? I would like to give something back to the Therion users.