[Therion] survey of survey

Martin Sluka martinsluka at mac.com
Wed Dec 21 21:56:43 CET 2016

It is difficult to describe it without a picture. It all depends on level of survey and map you use.

On first level you simply may use "input toto_old.th2 and use in map definition toto_old.map a scrap drawn in that file which may use station names directly - 1, 2, A, xx,

scrap_1
 point station 1
 point station 2
endscrap

The same for map toto_new.map (.map is not necessary, it is only helper to recognize maps more easy)

map toto_old.map
    scrap_1
    scrap_3
break
    scrap_2
    ….
endmap

If you want to define map and use both (or more) scraps from toto_old.th2 and toto_new.th2 you just may write there in survey toto:

input toto_old.th
input toto_nex.th

because both file includes particular th2 files yet.

But in that case you have to define overall map as this:

map toto.map
    map toto_old.map at toto_old
    map toto_new.map at toto_new
endmap

or map definition including only two scraps

map toto.map
   scrap_1 at toto_old
   scrap_1 at toto_new
endmap

or other different map definition

map toto.map
    scrap_3 at toto_old
    toto_new.map at toto_new
endmap

If you want to use new scrap combined stations from both surveys you should use

scrap scrap_1
    point station 1 at toto_pld
    point station 1 at toto_new
    …..
endscrap

But this scrap should be part of toto.th2

and you should write there input toto.th2 into toto.th file

You may use informations only from one name space, not from several neighbors ones.

I hope I wrote it correctly ;)

m.s.