[Therion] Best caving tablet

Adam Sampson caver.adam at outlook.com
Tue Sep 15 04:30:16 CEST 2015

That's a big question.
1rst, let's talk topodroid versus pockettopo. Topodroid draws the tick marks for you, but has a slight learning curve. It doesn't integrate perfectly into therion but I can help with some of the issues it has. And Marco is really responsive in fixing problems. Topodroid is simpler, but you draw on it just like on a pad of paper. I haven't found an iPad solution.
2nd let's talk tablets. My biggest consideration was what type of stylus. Capacitive stylus are ok, but the lines don't match up perfectly. The nvidia shield or similar tablet (which I am trying to review in the next couple months) can use a #2 pencil. Then there are tablets like the surface of the galaxy note that use a Wacom stylus and are very accurate. I suggest you might try them out at your local electronics store to see which stylus you like.
As for waterproof...depends how wet your caves are. I use a waterproof case I got off amazon for $15...but I don't ever submerge it. I just need to protect from the occasional drip.
Adam