[Therion] Therion tutorial

Martin Sluka martinsluka at mac.com
Sun Sep 6 12:58:23 CEST 2015

> 6. 9. 2015 v 11:50, Juan Corrin <uzueka at aol.com>:
>
> It seems daft to me that enthusiastic surveyors are not using the software
> because of its complicated front end.

Again:

1. try to imagine format of data for all kinds of surveying technologies available, with preserving the original format of data and include all the logs and notes around. Try imagine such windows only editor.

2. try to imagine map editor you may use any kind of vector symbol you are able to imagine.

3. try to imagine export command to export all the kinds of PDF outputs you may imagine, and export all the format therion is able to export.

The problem is not the therion itself, problem is the complexity of documentation of caves. If somebody have to make a map of cave for himself and for his group, he may use what he want. If he will want to make complex documentation of cave and preserve it for feature, independent of computer platform, computers as well, … he has only one choice.

One may use therion in very, very simple way, without 99 % of its complexity. So maybe much better is to start from this point.

Use simple

file 123.th:

survey 123

  input 123.th2