[Therion] How to mark a preferred way through a cave

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Wed May 27 10:43:58 CEST 2015

Michael
If I understand correctly Dave's suggestion of user defined lines will only
work if you draw scraps, and I don't think that is what you are asking for
(although drawing simple scraps with only station points and route lines to
overlay your bitmaps might be your best solution).

I hesitate to suggest this, but if you don't mind using a nasty hack, you
could, for example set...
flags approx
...on the route, and then redefine l_survey_cave to emphasise the approx
centreline and make recessive other line flags.
An example of the sort of code you could use is here

http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/metapost?s[]=approx#general_symbol_ex
amples
"Visualize cave centreline shot flags with colour for splay and duplicate,
and dash for approximate shot flags"

This will only work with pdf and probably svg outputs, and will have no
effect on 3d outputs.

Bruce