[Therion] Joining old and new surveys

Graham Mullan graham.mullan at coly.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 13:34:56 CET 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:12:00 +0100
Martin Sluka wrote

>It is really a nice piece of software. I use http://winebottler.kronenberg.org to
use it on Mac. Maybe for Linux there is something similar.

Yes it is, very easy to use in most cases.

>As I checked, Compass .dat file is small subset of Therion?s survey and centerline
structure. Very easy to convert it in a plain text editor.

One always has to remember, however, that Compass natively stores all linear
measurements in feet and decimal feet, not in metres. This is the case however the
data is inputted. I have accidentally ended up with some alarmingly long caves before
remembering this!

Graham