[Therion] Controlling map location on page

Michael Perryman mac.perryman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:47:16 CET 2015

Hi Andrew,

This is the result of my survey of the entrance part of Ogof Marros,
data taken yesterday. It appears that the survey is just placed up at
the top right corner of the page... it doesn't look _too_ bad, but I was
trying for some more control over its placing. Any suggestions?

For the surveyors names, I just noticed (see attached) that Antonia F is
placed before Michael P, whatever our respective roles. If there are n
names, it should be possible to specify whatever name order I choose,
not in some automated way, surely? I couldn't fathom this possibility
from the documentation.

I learned alot yesterday!  I came away with by far not enough splays,
for example. My final survey station was about 20cm from the end of a
scaffolding bar (yup, I suspected it was too close, but it's a whopping
loose boulder choke, and packed with Scaff, so avoiding is easier said
than done), and I didn't study how the bearing changed with proximity to
the bar, but the final measured leg seems to be off by 90 degrees
compared with my expectation! More experimentation - and survey legs -
needed next time!

The water level was high again yesterday, and I suspect we will not be
able to get through the streamway constriction until much longer periods
of drier weather.

One other question you might help with: as we moved between survey
stations I let my PDA go into sleep mode, primarily to save the display
power (and hence battery). But the Bluetooth link with the Disto was
lost each time, and I had to reconnect manually each time via >Menu
 >Bluetooth >Connect.  A pain. Should some auto connection be possible?

Thanks
Michael