[Therion] new Therion?

vladimirg at mail.bg vladimirg at mail.bg
Tue Dec 1 20:57:33 CET 2015

The sources are here https://github.com/Cavewhere/cavewhere
It is C++/Qt and is probably free, though I haven't looked at the license
yet.

Indeed it looks nice and the UI is very responsive. It has import/export
from Survex (.svx) and Compass(.dat). No Therion import unfortunately. I
tested it with a small Compass survey and it imports it and shows the
centerline. Didn't see any splay shots or LRUD though.
I tried what is shown in the video, which works nicely. Didn't see any
other drawing tools, so probably it works only with the scanned sketches.

As the site says, it is an early beta, but the current features seem to
work well. The development also looks very active by looking at the Github
repo.

Would be nice if Therion could be the backend and had a nice frontend to
help with some of the tasks

Vladimir

----- Цитат от Wookey (wookey at wookware.org), на 01.12.2015 в
19:47 -----  +++ Martin Sluka [2015-12-01 18:28 +0100]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Et5CAoJfo

Looks nice (all pointy and clicky, with some nifty features like the
'carpeting'), but there is no source and only binaries for windows and
mac. That's no use to me at all, and not to anyone else except Philip
over the longer term.

Is Philip on this list? Is it free software? What's the platform (some
clues online suggest QT/opengl/C++)? If the latter then we can fix the
missing platform issue so long as it's FLOSS (and thus available to fix).

Wookey
--
Principal hats: Linaro, Debian, Wookware, ARM
http://wookware.org/

 ПП: СуперХостинг.БГ имат супер промоция за 10-тия си рожден ден.
До -75% отстъпка за нови и настоящи клиенти и още изненади!
 http://www.superhosting.bg/web-hosting-compare-hosting-plans.php?utm_source=MailBG&utm_medium=footer&utm_content=v3&utm_campaign=10years