[Therion] Data Management

Nick Bairstow Nick at pff.uk.com
Tue Aug 18 17:01:45 CEST 2015

Hi all,
After lots of trial and error I am now producing some good outputs of individual caves but now I have hit a wall. I believe I'm not getting the data management correct.
Here's what I do, I have a folder for the area/system in that folder I have other folders for the individual caves; this is where my Top Parser produced th2 .th and config files first landed. I also have all the Therion produced outputs in these files.
So far so good I think. All works well, good outputs from pdf's to kml's. Now I want to produce a pdf of the area/system using these separate caves but try as hard as I may I'm just not succeeding.
I have read all the stuff on the wiki over and over and checked back though this mailing list but all my attempts at this output have failed. Next plan of attack was to look at other people's data in the Cave Registry Data Archive which helped and I now see how the .th and config files should look but I am still missing something some where.
I keep seeing snatches of info about index files but can find no definitive instruction on how to use them.
I realise this problem probable has a simple solution and given enough time I am sure I can work it out but life's too short to dick about for hours especially when someone out there has the answer. Also I have a deadline looming on some of these maps and I'm now getting a bit worried I will not make it.
Any help would be appreciated and if anyone in the Yorkshire area wants to compare notes (I'm sure that there are more numptys like me out there) I will travel and bring beer.

Nick.