[Therion] plumbs on

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Mon Apr 13 19:19:21 CEST 2015

+++ Guy Demars [2015-04-13 16:41 +0200]:
> sorry, but it doesn't work
> It's not exactly a Therion problem, but a Survex one
>
> I' tried with a sample
> first export with no plumps

you mean plumbs, right?

> second with plumps on
> third with plumps on a tranlation of my centreline from grads to degres
>
> the firs and second exports are same, the third is corrected ( not
> exactly as I hope, but fine)
>
> I suspect this because with the centreline :
>
> from to tape compass clino
> a0    a1 55 - -90
>
> Therion compile without error
>
> if you replace by
>
> units clino grad
> from to tape compass clino
> a0    a1 55 - -100
>
> Therion compile with warning
> Survex gives the error :
> 3> /tmp/th6261/data.svx:231: La valeur de l’azimut ne peut être
> omise, sauf sur les visées verticales
>
> sorry it's in french, in english : azimut can't be omitted unless
> for vertical shots

I tested this in survex.
(cavern plumbtest)

This works for me:
*units clino grads
*infer plumbs on
;from to tape compass clino
a0    a1 55 - -100

if you do:
*units clino grads
*infer plumbs off
;from to tape compass clino
a0    a1 55 - -100

instead then it complains:
"error: Compass reading may not be omitted except on plumbed legs

if you do:
*units clino grads
*infer plumbs off
;from to tape compass clino
a0    a1 55 - DOWN

then that works OK too.

so this is working as expected in cavern/survex.

doing the same in therion syntax:
(therion -s plumbtest)
this fails:

centreline
units clino grad
infer plumbs off
data normal from to tape compass clino
a0    a1 55 - -100
endcentreline

and this works:
centreline
units clino grad
infer plumbs on
data normal from to tape compass clino
a0    a1 55 - -100
endcentreline

and so does this:
centreline
units clino grad
data normal from to tape compass clino
a0    a1 55 - DOWN
endcentreline

So that seems to me to be working OK.

Your example expects plumbs to be inferred without actually turning
'infer' on. That doesn't work because the default for 'infer' is off.

Wookey
--
http://wookware.org/