[Therion] SVG cave depth calculation

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Thu Oct 30 10:04:07 CET 2014

Hi Dirk

I have never really used svg or xhtml, but thought I would export some plans
and compare with pdf to see what would happen.  Again, Therion 5.3.15

Cave 1

I used the same layouts for all, and it uses some metapost to customize the
header.

The pdf works perfectly, the svg produces output with no header at all, and
the xhtml file does not cause Therion any problems, but on opening I get;

"This page contains the following errors:

error on line 10 at column 71: Opening and ending tag mismatch: br line 0
and p"

and it renders only the top two lines of the header, no map, no scalebar.

Cave 2

Ditto as for cave 1, but this one has no header.

Pdf OK with no header

Svg OK with no header

Xhtml seems to have a default header (do they always do that?) and the depth
reading must be about 50x larger than it should be.

Cave 3

Ditto as for cave 1, and this one has a header, but with no fancy metapost.

Pdf is OK

Svg  has no header at all

Xhtml again won't open;

"This page contains the following errors:

error on line 10 at column 389: Opening and ending tag mismatch: br line 0
and p"

Again it renders only the top two lines of the header, minus the scalebar.

The second line is the first of a 5 line map-comment.

Maybe it is the <br> character that xhtml does not like?

So, xhtml does not like two out of three of my maps, and the one that does
work has a ridiculous value as the cave depth.

I am not sure, should svg produce a map header?

Bruce

  _____