[Therion] Overlap and transparent background

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Tue Nov 4 06:09:33 CET 2014

Rowena

I think these are both already features of Therion. I think you are referring to what is controlled by ‘overlap’, at least for map exports – for altas the concept is the same, but the effect is slightly different.  From the Therion Book…

overlap <value> <units> ◃ set overlap size in paper units in the atlas mode or map margin in the map mode (M, A; default: 1 cm)

For map exports it is the margin that Therion adds outside of the rectangle that exactly bounds the cave.

For transparent backgrounds, you should be able to use, within a defined layout

color map-bg transparent

In 5.3.5 there was a bug, whereby, as a work around, you had to put the statement as part of an export command, ie

export map \

-layout-color map-bg transparent \

-output cave.pdf

and this worked quite well.

Unfortunately last few versions at least, I have not been able to get transparent backgrounds to work, and so it has constrained the quality of some of our recent maps.

Any updates on workarounds to get transparent backgrounds to work greatly appreciated.

Bruce

  _____