[Therion] Question about "\cavedepth" and Northarrow

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Thu Apr 3 21:19:09 CEST 2014

Torsten
If indeed the 'cave' you have entered has a depth range between -15m and
-20m, then I would expect the depth to be reported as (+)5m.  (I presume
this is a sea cave, with altitudes below sea level - but it would also be OK
if you are using an arbitrary altitude datum).

Same as a dry cave that starts at 100m and descends to 95m.  It's depth
would be reported as (+)5m, not 100m.

Maybe the solution for you is to add altitude points to the wall near each
end, so that the altitudes are plotted directly on the map.

Or you could add a (manual) map-comment to the header "maximum depth: 20m"

Another idea, therion may store variables that define the maximum coordinate
range.  If so, then it would simply be a matter of a small metapost to
report the minimum altitude.  Stacho? Martin?

Bruce