[Therion] PocketTopo Trips

Giorgio Pannuzzo ipogeorge at email.it
Tue Oct 22 09:23:19 CEST 2013

Things are a little bit complicated... "trip" and "file" are different
objects.

"Actual trip" is the default trip data attached to a new file.
Changing its parameters just creates a new trip section in a file, applied
ONLY to all new legs.

So, a single .top file may contain several trips (with different
declinations, dates, teams, comments and so on).

"Trip" command is used to change the parametres of any previously created
trip.

The bad thing is that you can't create a new trip in the middle of to a .top
file or change the leg where the trip begins. Then, post-editing of trips
could became a nightmare.
You can easily monitor trip structure of a file looking into .txt export.

My solution is to avoid at all .top files containing more than a trip.

Of course, you must create a new .top file for any branch and/or day.
Or maybe, even for any "scrap", when sketch became too complicated.

Anyway, I'm aware Beat was working to a new version of PocketTopo with a lot
of changes.

Giorgio

Command "Trip" cerates	--------- Original Message --------