[Therion] drawing files with unnecessary large extents createdby therion/topparser

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Sat Oct 5 21:21:39 CEST 2013

Thanks Martin

I think you mean zoom factor 25 is better than zoom factor 50, because 25 is
zoomed out more so I can see more.

zoom factor 400 zooms in close so it becomes even harder!

Your explanation re the large numbers does not guide on how to choose which
smaller numbers to use.  I presume I can use the coordinate counter on the
bottom right of the XTherion window.

But even easier, the obvious thing I was not doing was to use the ‘drawing
area pane’ Auto Adjust button.

If the referenced xvi file does not exist, it zooms the drawing area to the
drawing extents.

If it does exist, it zooms the drawing area to the larger of the drawing
extents or the xvi grid (but not the xvi drawing if it is outside the grid).

So here is the ‘user interface driven’ solution that requires no manual file
editing.

When the th2 file extents are too large and or when it will not save the
position of the drawing on the screen on reopening

1.	Draw some scrap entities that extend to the far reaches of what will
be your drawing area.
2.	Save your th2 file and close Xtherion
3.	Rename the xvi file so that Xtherion temporarily cannot find it
4.	Open the th2 file in Xtherion then ‘Drawing pane’ Auto Adjust button
so that Xtherion zooms the drawing extents
5.	Save your th2 file and close Xtherion
6.	Rename the xvi file back to its original name
7.	Open the th2 file in Xtherion and it should have remembered your new
drawing area and drawing position in the window, even though the xvi grid
and (spurious) drawings may extend far outside of that area.

Bruce

  _____